To start your BGEN membership, simply download the Membership form 2014 (DOCX - 156KB) and return to the BGEN Administrator at the address included on the form.
What do members get? Find out: download our membership flyer (PDF, 495KB)
bgen is a specialist support network for professional plant and natural world educators.
We help our members to connect people and plants in innovative and engaging ways. bgen promotes and advances the delivery of education, learning and interpretation in the sector.
Our members represent more than 70 botanic gardens, zoos, arboreta, other environmental education institutions and consultants throughout the UK, Ireland and further afield.
bgen offers you and your organisation the opportunity to:
Stay up-to-date with free and unlimited access to:
- Over 60 practical online articles, resources and toolkits
- Our extensive e-network for handy help and advice at your fingertips
- Our member directory of skills, suppliers and facilities
- Regular news updates on developments in the sector
Be the first to hear about special rates for:
- Our essential annual conference
- At least four practical training events and seminars per year at gardens across the country
- Cost effective professional development opportunities for staff and volunteers
Be represented with:
- A national voice for botanical education and our members’ interests
- Partnerships with related organisations and initiatives, including Growing Schools, PlantNetwork, and Botanic Gardens Conservation International
- Voting rights at BGEN General MeetingsJoin BGEN for full access to our resources and for discounts on workshops and conferences.
Annual membership fees
(These apply for a calendar year, January to December):
|UK & Overseas|
|NEW! Online membership only - access to the members only resources on the website||£10|
|Individual membership||£ 28|
|Organisational membership Level 1 (unlimited number of named members)||£ 100|
Additionally, all staff (paid or volunteer) at your organisation are entitled to attend bgen events at the member rate. Where only individual membership is held by a member(s) of an organisation, other colleagues pay the non-member rate to attend bgen events. Staff from organisations who are members of PlantNetwork are also entitled to attend events at the member’s rate.
For new online only membership online payment is on its way but in the meantime please email us to register.
Membership criteria: Members agree to accept the Articles and Memorandum of Association for bgen as a Limited Company, and to act in accordance with its rules and regulations. These are available on request from the BGEN Administrator.